Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Coconut Tree: Watercolor


Having just got back home from where I work (well I gotta have a job as an inspiring artist right? Well, I can't hardly sell my paintings, the one titled the study of hand and foot, please...even my little nephwew can discern what is my foot is when I asked her whether my painting "pretty" or not, she just said : what is that, auntie? Is it an elephant? Wew, while I was so proud with my foot painting ha ha), anyway, since I can't hardly only paint my hand and foot while I only have two hands and two feet that of course identical (I hope they do identical, well maybe not the creases), so I have to find another object to paint. So I gather up my painting equipment and headed to the garden (well not really a garden more like inhabited plow of lands where everything grows and where neighboring chickens or my chicken neighbors or whatever eat). I always wanted to paint a coconut tree, so no matter how scary the weather is (the wind howling, the sky looked scary with gray fat clouds and thunder, until I have to send my two little nephews whose I took to accompany to paint inside), and how the drizzle makes my watercolor pad wet, I sit on that concrete at the side of my house and paint.

Wew, painting something outside (that you imagine would be beautiful) is not easy. I was using layer by layer technique (a layer of wash on another layer of wash), but still something missing. I was using wet on wet (I spray the paper first) but it only make the paints gone awry everywhere. In the end I was so frustrated I want to give up, until I realized I was not paying attention enough when I was painting, I guess like drawing, you have to pay attention to detail and started to paint while you are doing it so you can shape the paint like you want it to be.

Well, I know the painting I did is not the best of coconut tree painting, at least I enjoyed it so much I am going to do the same again tomorrow, well not tomorrow because I gotta do some my work first to keep the kitchen running so they say, or just to find extra money to buy some watercolor paper and stuff. Oh, anyway I am not using any pencil. Cause they say, it's better not to use pencil before you paint, do not know why maybe just to practice your hand with the painting flow or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment