Sunday, October 25, 2009

Study of My Hand: Watercolor with no Preliminary Sketch


Still confuse what to paint so rather than thinking too much and then get more far away from my goal, that is to paint and practice as much as I can, I decided to paint my hand.

The same ways I use in painting my foot, the different is just that I did not sketch it using pencil, I just use my brush to form the swept of the hand and then form the hand using a light was of red, then add ultramarine blue on the darkest place on my skin and on the creases and wrinkles and then add red and yellow to form brown, the color of my skin.

I had problem when I am trying to make it more visible like a hand, and how to paint the nail realistic, in the end I just try to form the hand with adding Prussian blue (the dark blue). Then I just wash a very light red on the nail, while not painting at the little white you usually found on your finger located at the base of the nail.

The problem is, it does not look like a hand to me, rather it look like a misplaced alien hand on my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment