Friday, October 23, 2009

2D againts 3D models, Practice Drawing and Sketching makes Perfect


--> from two dimension photo, it looks good because I use two dimension photo as the reference, not a real life person, that's why it looks good. But I haven't been able to draw portrait or real people from the real person, because of I am afraid they would run away before the picture finished I always rushed and feel rushed when drawing straight from the real people and they are in front of me posing a little weirdly sometimes making eyes to laugh at me, and in the end they look more like a child and mangaish (I love drawing manga-Japanese comic). I'll find the example of ruined portrait when I can find it among all the stack of papers on my littering (or littered?) multifunctional messy-bedroom.



Let's jump to another topic, I was just waiting on my desk staring at nothing untill my boss could give a job in my office (I am a typist or jack-of-the-trade ordinary workers in a small office, still a temporer, so does not have enough income) when I realized I could draw rather than lolling my head tried not to look sleepy. So I drew this motorcycle from a magazine (although I much rather draw it from the real motorcycle because drawing a 3D motorcycle or real motorcycle gives you much more detail that make the motorcycle look more interesting), and then I just realized...Drawing is all about practice actually, stack of drawing and painting textbooks would not do shit (sorry, I just want to make an impression) if you don't practice drawing. In fact, without too much engrossed and thinking about how to's and rules in the books, your drawing could be much much improved if you just throw away those books and those rules and just pick up your paper or your drawing book and start drawing anything and star pay attention or start painting anything from your own face on the mirror (like I did).

No comments:

Post a Comment