Saturday, October 17, 2009

Winsor and Newton Rocks!

I was a newbie in a watercolor, because of that I googled everything on watercolor and one of the advices I remember so well, that I have to buy the goods the best I can afford (in my mind, means no matter how expensive the best available, I have to have it!) so then the journey of surfing through local internet art store begins...What a headache, since I live in a developing countries when expensive hobby pursuit is not normal, hence an online store provide the best in watercolors (papers, paints etc etc) is a rarity indeed in here, considering I still live in a town where forest still live between the row of inhabited houses, I have to depend solely on it, and it took me almost a week of sleeping well late after midnight and hanging on internet cafe for hours and have to be threatened to go back home immediately or locked away outside (since at 11.30 pm I am still sitting on a smokefilled, small chamber in internet bad-designed cafe rooms), until I've a site that offered "professional" art tools, and since the store still using html old code, since I cant order directly through the homepage, but I have to go through hassle and bustle of copying email address, composing new messages of the chance that the might delivered some goods to my still-sleep small city, waiting two days so they send me a brochure of brushes and papers and la la in a Microsoft excel no less, and have to wait a week to complete the order. So After I send the money and they send me the goods, a Maimeri professional watercolors, I was so thrilled and agast at how expensive it was, I cant even dare to open the tube and put some paint on the pallete, let alone use once-in-a-a-lifetime first try on real watercolor paper, I have to wait two days and so many "help!!!" asking for advice on my yahoo group untill I decided I have to try the expensives I bought or I would never use them forever. And I love it, at that moment I believe Maimeri was a God sent, to give me signal that I do meant to be a watercolor artist and I am going to exclusively use Maimeri Professional Artist watercolor and no others, until I met...Winsor and Newton "cheap" watercolor grade...


Gosh! They are beautiful! The vibrant colors, the easy flow of painting on the paper, the finished painting after it dried, ...it make my barney-and-friends painting seemed like a (what do you call a painting that looked like it painted by a true artist?) well...look watercolor professional, like I saw on watercolor-illustrated children books, I even astonished my self with the result, and I do recall again, its true, that you have to buy the best you can afford, because the result and the reward are just...awesome...too bad I can't upload it here since I do the painting well after midnight through 2 o'clock in the morning my sister would go away to her home bringing my Barney-and-friends painting I made for her baby can't have the time to be uploaded so you can see how well is the Winsor and Newton Cotman watercolour series are...

but you can see my Maimeri. here. because the picture above is my first watercolor painting using a professional Artist watercolor grade (using My Maimeri).

No comments:

Post a Comment