Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pen or Pencil works?


Always interested in drawing, and I am most good well I mean I did and do best at drawing when I am using pens. I do not why, I guess because every artist have his or her preferences. Lately, I've been trying using watercolor, pencil colors, and poster color, yet although the others produce a colorful images, but pen works are always the best.

But the first time I knew about blind contouring (drawing just following the outside edges of your objects without looking at the paper, solely just looking on the object), I try to like pencil and try to practice in pencil. It was difficult! I hate how the pencil got more friction from the paper, thus make the blind contouring much more difficult, but WOW...using pencil and more efforts to give make my drawing ability increased tremendously, well not tremendously, but because more friction on paper from the graphite make my drawing run much much more slow like a snail walking, I got more time to pay attention on objects or subjects I draw, and then right there and then I just realized that drawing is not just about how you love to make scratches, lines and everything on paper, but drawing is all about how to pay attention on something and deliver what you observed or got from the observation on papers!, whether it was wrinkles, or shadow usually always present under your nose, or how the upper lift connected to the under of the nose have kind of wave like, light and dark hills, and much much more noticable things!, and once you listen and follow this things you see when you pay attention, you are well ahead on the road to become a good drawer I mean a person that could draw beautifully or at least more accurately...

ok, here is the result:
Pen works:
1. Have a easily flow-like and easily manageable
2. The result sometimes more astonishing since the pen of course much more visible than pencil, and since you can't erase it, it has some kind of how do we say it? more enthusiasm in it then a pencil work would be, but...
3. Of course you can't erase the wrong turn of a pen
4. Pen work is much much more suitable to use in a contouring works

Pencil Works:
1. Erasable ha ha of course
2. Well, if you want to publish it well I mean to show it to people, you have to face the hustle and bustle of penning it thus you have to work twice for an art work
3. If you don't like drawing using pencil, once you try it instead of pens, it will open a new horizon for you and increase your drawing ability tremendously

So...pen or pencil work? Well, I choose pen works over pencil, but...Increasing your ability drawing using pencil when you usually use pen won't hurt I guess, well like I just said or what everybody said, every artist has their own preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment